It’s something about the rain that I love. I have no clue what it is but it’s usually very soothing. Until the kiddos start getting restless. Is it like that in your house too?
Listed below are some fun simple activities that you can do to provide some entertain on those rainy days.
- Go outside & play in the rain. You can just play or make a game. Muddy soccer!
- Playdough. Never under estimate the power of playdough, you can do so much with it.
- Build a fort with blankets & sheets.
- Make shadow puppets.
- Rice play. Check out how to make rainbow rice here.
- Cook together. Although it can be messy, my kids love to cook with me. Take your time & enjoy the moment, try not to fret the mess.
- Create your own stories together.
- Make foam
- Indoor obstacle course. You can make this with anything. Use cushions from the couch, chairs, painter’s tape, laundry baskets, etc.
- Dance party. Turn on some music. It’s a great way for everyone to burn off their wiggles. You can even step it up a knotch & add ribbon wands. Then keep it going with musical chairs or dance freeze.
- Board games
- Blow bubbles
- Card games
- Play with shaving cream
- Play balloon keep up
- Make sensory bottles
- Do a craft
- Threading. You can use beads, cut up paper towel rolls, cereal, or even pasta. Threading is a great way to practice fine motor skills. Find out how to color pasta here.
- Make something out of boxes. You can really let your child’s imagination run wild with this one. Boxes can be turned into anything. Make a astronaut helmet, a robot, a car, a mailbox, a barn, the list truly goes on. The boxes can be all sizes, think “outside the box” (get it lol), use boxes from cereal or oatmeal.
- Play dress up. You don’t have to have specific dress up clothes. You can let your kiddos play with items in your closet that you never wear. Jewelry, shoes, hats, & clothes all make for great fun.
- Have an indoor picnic.
- Play a new game. Check out my simple game list here.
- Make a drive in movie. A twist on general movie watching. Use laundry baskets or boxes to be the cars & fill it with a child & snacks!
For more activities, download the free activity e-book! Plus recieve a free weekly planner printable!
Pin it for later↓