Some of my favorite childhood memories come from our weekly family nights.
Even as I got older, while I did complain about not being out with friends, I loved our activities.
My mom used to plan elaborate game nights & my dad would just throw something together-literally. But it was a great way for us to bond.
It seems like the tradition of family night has faded into a restaurant gimmick. I get it, sometimes we too go to a restaurant for kids eat free family night. But what happens after that? Do you take the time to reconnect?
The hubby & I have been saying for months that we would get out of our basic routine & add more family time. Finally we did it. We locked in 1 night a week on our family manager, put our phones & tablets away & brought back family fun!
Try these family night activities with your family.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. Which means I will earn a commission if you purchase through those links. This is at no extra cost to you. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
- Board & card games
- Glow bowling. Find out how to make your own glow bowling set here.
- Cook together. Try a new fun recipe like unicorn poop or corn flake chicken tenders.
- Flashlight tag
- Talent Show
- Shadow puppets
- Learn a new dance. Youtube has tons of how-to dance videos.
- Have a theme night, like a mystery or luau night.
- Have a picnic
- Fly kites
- Do a project together from Craftsy
- Make a family parody
- Drive somewhere new. You can find hidden gems in your own town.
- Camp out in the living room or the backyard
- Watch family videos
- Do a science experiment
- Put together a puzzle
- Go fishing
- Make something like a craft or a sweet & deliver them to the elderly or to your neighbors.
- Build something, you can use Legos or get creative & make something out of marshmallows & toothpicks.
- Minute to win it games
- Food taste challenge
- Try stargazing
Let’s connect! Sign up now to receive our weekly newsletter filled with inspiration & tips right to your inbox, PLUS get access to my freebie library filled with printables.
Pin it for later↓